A YOUNG MEXICAN PROMIS: ANA LAURA GONZALEZ VELASCO
Translation: Heido Sundstrom
1. How old are you and when is your Birthday?
I’m 14 and my Birthday is June 18th.
2. Where were you born?
I was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco.
3. What’s your favorite surf spot?
4. What does the ocean mean for you?
It’s a marvelous place that let’s us enjoy the waves and share its energy.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
A smoothie, almonds, dates and fruit.
6. How long and how often are your surf sessions?
I surf at least two hours a day.
7. What training or sport do you do outside of the water?
Cross fit, Yoga and weights pertaining to surfing.
8. What are your aspirations in life and in surfing?
In life, finish my academic/professional preparation and in surfing, participate in the world tour and be the best.
9. What would you say to a girl who’s just starting out in surfing?
That it’s a wonderful sport and you have to train every day, in and out of the water. You also have to fight for your dreams.
10. What Mexican surfers do you admire?
I admire Diego Cadena, Japheth Ramos, Angelo Lozano and Yuco.
11. What are your accomplishments and who are your sponsors?
-State Selection in Colima
-Under-16 and Under-18 National Champion
-I was in 4th Place in the Ladies First Tournament in Pascuales.
-At the San Miguel Open, I placed 1st in Junior’s and 2nd in the Open category.
My sponsors are:
My family, Woodward, and Olea Surfboards.