10 questions for Diego Mignot
1. Where was the first place you ever surfed?
Diego Mignot: In a little surf town called Sayulita, Mexico.
2. Do you have any nicknames?
DM: Not at the moment... [Laughs]
3. What are your favorite tricks?
DM: Aerials, tubes, hitting the lip...everything. [Laughs]
4. Who are the surfers you admire most?
DM: Gabriel Medina
5. Aside from being a professional surfer, what else do you dedicate your time to?
DM: When I can, I like to go fishing with a pistol underwater. I also like boxing and soccer.
6. What are some other places in Mexico that you like (that aren’t beaches)?
DM: Honestly, I only like the coast of Mexico.
8. Tell us a little about what you’ve been doing in Nicaragua...
DM: Most of the time, I’m in the water surfing, doing physical training and enjoying the time we’re here.
9. What would you change about surfing as a sport?
DM: At the moment, nothing; surfing is already perfect.
10. What advice would you give to surfers just starting out?
DM: Surf every day with a smile and pretty soon your life will change.